Thursday, July 3, 2008

Welcome to the world sweet girl!

Avery Leigh Allred was born on March 23, 2008 and 10:38am. She was 7lbs. 1oz. and 20 inches long. Her labor was not at all what I thought it would be. On Saturday the 22nd I went on a hike with my family up to Bridal Veil Falls. I started feeling little contractions but didn't think much of it because I had been having them on and off for a couple of weeks. After that Kendall and I went to the annual Allred Family Easter party and my contractions continued throughout the whole party. After that I went and watched a movie with my family and Kendall had an Xbox party at our house. My contractions started getting stronger around 10pm so I decided to head home. After I got home there were about 10 people at our house playing Xbox so I just went and laid down. Around 11:30 I decided it was time to go so I told Kendall and he immediately sent everyone home. We headed to the hospital and I was worried it was just another false alarm so we didn't take anything with us. When we got there we found out I was in labor and that we would be staying. We also found out that I had a pretty high fever and when they broke my water they realized that there was a very serious infection in the amniotic fluid. They said that if Avery wasn't born quick enough that I would have to have a c-section. Well after we found all that out I got my epidural which was awesome for the first 6 hours, but for the last 4 hours it completely stopped working and I ended up having a natural delivery. The doctor got worried that she wasn't coming out fast enough so she used forceps to pull her out which was actually kinda nice because I was getting so tired of pushing. Then and 10:38am Avery Leigh Allred was born and it was awesome. Since I had that infection the NICU team was there and immediately took her and checked her out. After that they let us hold her for about 5 minutes and then they took her to the NICU where she stayed for the rest of the 48 hours. She had to be on IV antibiotics the whole time to kill the infection.
Well after all that I got a 4th degree tear and hemorrhaged after she was born but in the end it was completely worth it. She is amazing and Kendall and I don't even know what we would do without her.

No comments: